Sunday 22 April 2012

Books, books, books and more..

The season is hitting stride with many book sales to explore - from Victoria to Chilliwack and all points in between.  Take the next 30 days for example...this weekend was the Richmond Library sale, Thursday begins the Vancouver Library sale, on the May 12th weekend the Victoria Times Colonist is having a HUGE sale, and at the end of May is the Church book sale in Marpole.  Top that all off with all the wonderful used book shops in Sidney that I will be browsing in on my trip over the water, add a potential excursion to Bellingham to their book shops one of which is supposed to be quite remarkable....I will be broke if all goes well!  My library now consists of 3 tall bookcases FULL of dog books with at least 6 more boxes of duplicates and the books I haven't catalogued yet.  I will be drastically cutting down that number as I clear out the more common, generic books.  (watch for a yard sale of dog books in the summer) I plan to hold onto the rarer books that really explore the histories of the breeds in depth.  These will definitely be hard to part with unless I know that they will be going into great homes...just like selling the puppies I've raised...lol. You name the breed, I probably have a book on it, or a vintage trade card, or a figurine, or....  I don't call myself the dog book addict for nothing!


On the down side - Canucks lost.


...And my metal detector isn't in Canada yet.  Hopefully I will be able to pick it up in time for next weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment