Tuesday 17 April 2012

Tick, tock

The order is in.  I am now at the mercy of Canada Post to get my metal detector delivered to the dealer by Friday so I can pick it up on Saturday, otherwise it will be yet another longgggg week of waiting.  Have already made contact with a fellow in Maple Ridge whose family is refusing to go on any more of his exploration trips.  He has been trying to get a few people together for a group hunt and invited me to join him whenever I am out that way.  In fact, he owns the same detector that I am purchasing so he will be a big help in shortening my learning curve.  The dealer suggested that I hit all the soccer fields after their practises.  His son does that on the weekends and averages about $20.00 in finds.  That is certainly better than my meagre 1 cent an hour!  He also said he was surprised at the items he found in his own yard.  Well, if I do find anything I will post it here along with a photo if the items are exciting enough...I'm not expecting miracles.


Opus in Langley is hosting an outdoor painting contest this weekend and, of course, it coincides directly with the spring Richmond Library book sale.  I am torn as to which one to attend.  I can't do both if I expect to have a good selection of books to sort through...by Sunday everything is picked over. This year they are adding a special vintage section which is most intriguing.  Perhaps painting will win out this time.  The prizes are substantial and I really need to get back to putting paint onto canvas.  A friend from work has already registered for the event.  We are both a tad nervous about competing with the pros but, all in all, it will be a great kick start to get me painting again.  Can't remember the last painting I worked on.  I have lots of canvases covered but nothing finished and little to inspire me to do more.  The competition will take place within walking distance of the store and each person will be assigned a location to paint in.  It is up to us to find a suitable subject to paint in that area.  See....I knew that if I wrote about it it would convince me to actually do it and besides, I can pick up my detector at the same time!  


How about those Canucks?....need I comment more?  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment