Wednesday 23 May 2012

By jove, I think I've got it!

For the past 5 years I have struggled to find a signature style of painting that a viewer could look at and say, "That must be one of Sharon's."  Just in the past 2 months I think I might be finally there.  Two paintings, that I haven't posted yet, have that ability to identify me as the artist.  What a great feeling that is!  Now I can go ahead and paint to my heart's content without needing to experiment with a different style in each painting I do.  I need another week or two to finish them and once I do I will post them both on my blog.  With a deadline fast approaching and the need to have some paintings done I have dug into the basement and pulled out all those paintings that I started way back when and never completed, either because I was bored with the work or I needed to learn a new technique to make the painting come alive (to my satisfaction).  The first one on the easel is a pasture with sheep.  The challenge will be to convert that early style into my newly discovered one.  That painting started on a white canvas...I now use only black canvases...so a little creativity will be needed to get it to the same look as the ones I do now.  We'll see what happens over the weekend..I'll do a before and after photo shoot to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment