Friday 18 May 2012

Chain Reaction

This painting I did at a workshop with the Richmond Artists Guild.  I was merrily painting along when I was met with "Stop!".  It seems that the majority of the members there felt that to continue would ruin the movement I'd created in this work.  Part of me told me to go on (you know, that part that says you MUST add every detail you can into your art) but the other part said to leave it be and take their seasoned advice.  After all, I could always go back in and "fix it".  Over time I must admit I agree with them.  I would have ruined it if I continued.  This painting was displayed at the Richmond Cultural Centre. 
Another London Farm painting as part of my "GROWING PAINS TOUR".  Acrylic on stretched canvas 12x36.

1 comment:

  1. a wise decision to stop - it's a great painting, love the blues and the movement you've captured

    ReplyDelete